How does your organization measure up? Dr. Joy Richards from the University Health Network (UHN) in Toronto, Ontario, joins an amazing list of keynote speakers to ask why despite decades of discourse and focus, are we still stuck in a place where patient and families remain on the periphery of control regarding their care? Where do the intersections of patient safety, quality of work life and inter-professional collaboration sit within the patient-centred care discourse?
In her keynote address, “Beyond Stuck: Edge Walking Along the Intersections of Paradox and Rhetoric", Dr. Richards will discuss several provocative paradoxes and tension points designed to challenge our collective wisdom regarding our patient-centred care assumptions and rhetoric. Using her own organization as a case study, she will explore and challenge us to courageously let go of our current opinions and blind spots and move to a new space beyond the comfortable rhetoric.
Fantastic line up of speakers ….
- André Picard, Reporter, Globe and Mail
- Patricia Rutherford, Vice-President, Quality Improvement, Institute of Healthcare Improvement (USA)
- Steven Lewis, President, Access Consulting Ltd. (Saskatoon) & Adjunct Professor of Health Policy, Simon Fraser University
- Hugh MacLeod, CEO, Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- Sophie Baillargeon, Assistant to the Director of Nursing, McGill University Health Centre and Maria Judd, Senior Director, Patient Engagement & Improvement, Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI)
The experience doesn't stop there! The 2013 Innovators Conference will also showcase:
- Patient Engagement Panel: The value behind engaging patients
- Systems Panel: Improving Healthcare Barrier to PFCC
- PLUS Nine (9) Concurrent Sessions to choose from focusing on leadership, the patient’s point of view, safe staffing, the clinical setting, the mental health perspective, and so much more!
Don’t miss this great opportunity to learn more about patient and family-centred care in practice today, improving the delivery of healthcare and how we can meet the needs and demands of the system, healthcare providers and the patients and families.